Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Trust me, this is true

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved."

- George MacDonald

I was watching a TV series earlier and there was this scene where the two leads are on the top of a building, standing on the edge as if they were going to jump off. The scene suddenly changed, showing the two leads embracing each other, moving slowly to avoid any unwanted circumstances that might happen (like falling off the building). So yeah, you can call it a romantic moment. However, my mind is not on that lovely view (as some might call it) but on to that thought that they might actually fall if they'll just move one more step onto that edge. I'm acrophobic so that scene was honestly breathtaking for me. I was scared to death as if I'm one of the leads there. And then I wondered, how did they manage to do such scene. Why did they allow themselves to do a life-threatening act? But eventually, I was also the one who answered my question. I told myself that surely they trust each other that no one between them will ever do a crazy move while standing up there. And most probably, they also trusted their director whom they know will never let anything bad happen to them. So there, I realized that it was all about trust. Trust which made two people do something acrophobic folks are afraid of.

"When mistrust comes in, love goes out."

-Irish Sayings

Survivor, which for me is one of the greatest reality shows that were ever made, deals greatly about trust. In that game, trust is something you should not easily give since it may cause you to get voted off the game. In the other hand, it can also be one of the reasons that could make you win the title of being the "sole survivor". Because of this, many contestants find it hard to choose whether they would trust someone or not. Though many still decides to try and believe that it is the best thing to do.

Last Friday's episode of Survivor is a clear example of giving out trust to someone who doesn't deserve it. Jason, the person I was rooting to win, got voted off the show. He too, like Ozzy, got blindsided thinking that Natalie was his trusted alliance. Again, another great player got outwitted.

It was both nice and stupid for Jason to trust her. Nice since he gave her a chance of being trusted though he barely knows her. And stupid 'cause he didn't learn any lesson from Ozzy's experience.

With what Ozzy and Jason experienced, I now wonder how many times in our lives we actually have done the same thing; trusting people who in return just cause us to regret our decision of giving them our trust.


"Trust no one unless you have eaten much salt with him."

-Cicero

I was in fourth year high school when I experienced being back stabbed by the people I once trusted. I never really thought they could tell everybody something I trusted them not to tell. It was awful. Though I must say that it hurt me a lot, I still forgave them for what they have done. But of course, something must change. After that, I told myself not to trust anyone easily anymore unless he/she truly deserves it.


"Love all, trust a few."

-William Shakespeare

Trust is a beautiful thing. It's what people mostly need in this unsure life. Once it's lost, you can hardly give or acquire it again. Trust people who you know will always be there for you, who will never let you go no matter what. And in return, never fail someone who trusts you so much.

Photo by:

Hoplesss
"Hold me BRO"

Labels: , , , , , ,



Photobucket on 12:14 PM