Sunday, January 6, 2008
For it makes the ride worthwhile



"Life’s greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved."

-Victor Hugo



I was never open about any topics that would lead to talking about love or relationships. In fact, I used to say it's an 'icky stuff'. I also once thought that love is a bad thing... or at least that's what telenovelas show. You know, they always show that love can give you endless pain, make you sacrifice even those that are important to you and make you a bad person. It's always like that. Well that was until the day I fell in love for the first time... for real.

Like any other boy, I also had a bunch of crushes. And I tell you, even though those were just some pseudo-love feeling, it got me spending a lot of money. I bought gifts for my crushes, not really expensive ones but those actually waned my allowance. But then, it always doesn't end up well. It's either my feelings for those girls suddenly disappear or they unexpectedly find their real prince charming (whom sometimes my best buds). And because of that, I didn't think that I would ever find someone that's really for me. Also, it kept me believing on what those TV shows tell.

And then one day, I met a girl. She was really different from other girls I used to like. I honestly can't explain why I think of her that way but from that moment, I knew I was in love. And since then I realized that though love can give us unwanted experiences, it can too give us the happiest feelings and emotions that would definitely take your breath away.

If you want to know what happened with that girl and me, unfortunately, it also didn't end up that well. But still, I don't have any grudge on what had happened. It made me understood what really love is. And all I can do is to be grateful that it happened. Because I know someday I'll be able to meet that girl who would love me as much as I love her.

So now, I'm kinda open with that topic. As a matter of fact, I'm currently helping some friends deal with it. And it really feels so good when you know you could help them. I just wish everything would end up well.

Labels: , ,



Photobucket on 4:08 PM