Tuesday, December 9, 2008
When life starts to change big time


"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts."
- Arnold Bennett

It's been quite a long time since I last posted an entry here. I never even thought that I would be here again, sitting in front of my computer, wanting to relive the things that had happened over the last 8 months of my life. And to tell you honestly, I miss blogging.

Before I start storytelling about my life here, I would first want to let you know that I was (and still am, actually) really, really surprised to see how much things had changed here (the blog-o-sphere, I mean). The first thing I noticed is that, those bloggers that I used to know changed how they write. Some changed from writing life stories to just posting poems and photos- which made me not interested anymore. Another thing is, most of the links on my blogroll no longer exist. Oh boy! That is truly sad. I miss reading their beautifully written blogs. They used to inspire me. I’m now hoping that they just changed their blog URLs and I would be able to find their blogs once again.

Talking about changes, I too had experience and still is experiencing a lot of them in my life since last summer up to now. Let me enumerate them:

1. I didn't attend summer classes (which I should have attended) but instead chose to go to Singapore so that I could relax and forget all about the bad things that had happened- which made me an irregular student for the rest of my college life.

2. I auditioned for Teatro Tomasino, the University-wide theater guild in UST, and was given the name YOO for some reason I don't want to tell anymore because it was a dumb story (seriously). I was then asked to join their first major production for this year as a part of their requirements for membership. Eventually, I got assigned to be both an Assistant Stage Manager and an actor to the play "Fuente Ovejuna" directed Mr. Dennis Marasigan – which gave me sleepless nights, no time to study, and made me went home late (around 1-2 AM). But don't get me wrong, the experience I had is still unforgettable and amazing.

3. I quitted participating in Teatro Tomasino's production. (Does failing Calculus not a good reason enough?)

4. I lost my best friend in a My-Best-Friend's-Wedding-kind of way (except for the "wedding" part). Gotta start singing "I'll Be Okay" by Amanda Marshall, I guess.

NOTE: I'll just blog this stuff next time 'cause I don't feel like telling it now. I guess I’m still not over her.

5. I did something horrible that I never thought I could ever do in my entire life. And you know what? It made me unable to function for a week.

6. I'm not that optimistic anymore.

7. I feel more alone these days.

8. I don't think I write as good as I used to.


Changes... changes... changes...

Those things I have mentioned are just a part of the looooong list. Unfortunately, most of those are not so good changes. But then I wonder, don't all of those changes also made me a much stronger person? Did they happen because I needed to learn something? And, don't I deserve those changes?

_______________________________________________________________
Photo by:
Aksicnn
"Green Green Grass"

Labels: , , , , , , ,



Photobucket on 9:47 PM